bcprpg2

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
bcprpg2

back in blue

2 posters

40k Fridays on campus

Poll

Move 40k on campus?

[ 3 ]
    40k Fridays on campus Bar_left50%40k Fridays on campus Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 3 ]
    40k Fridays on campus Bar_left50%40k Fridays on campus Bar_right [50%] 

Total Votes: 6
    yoshix
    yoshix
    Mithril Member
    Mithril Member

40k Fridays on campus Empty 40k Fridays on campus

Post  yoshix Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:18 am

I don't know how many of you are aware, but 40+ people signed up at club day. That being said, we may want to consider transitioning toward on campus activities, mainly 40k Fridays. Many people already find transportation to be difficult (and it leaves many people relying on my 4-seat car to drive a lot of people), and trying to get 20 people to Game Kastle will probably become difficult. Because of this, I propose we start having our Friday activities on-campus. This would require getting more boards (The only one we have is my battle mat), but would allow us to start earlier on Fridays, as well as making the activity more accessible to freshmen and sophomore (non-driving) members. I have yet to propose this to Mr. Flowers or approve any other feasible way of doing this. At this point I am just gauging interest in pursuing this course of action.

If you have any ideas for where on campus to do this, feel free to post them.
    Areas I am currently considering are Mr. Flowers' room and O'Basement (probably Lindemann's room, but ideally 010 if we can get access to it.)
    Gus.Vogel
    Gus.Vogel
    Initiate
    Initiate

40k Fridays on campus Empty Re: 40k Fridays on campus

Post  Gus.Vogel Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:46 pm

We can run small 40k skirmish games at Bell on campus. If you want a real game that is set up for several hours you will probably have to go to GK. Teachers don't want to hang around for a full 40k game I don't think. Can't people walk to GK? Its really just a few minutes away.
    yoshix
    yoshix
    Mithril Member
    Mithril Member

Post  yoshix Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:15 pm

First off, it's a few minutes by car.
    Second, I don't think people wouldn't want to walk there.

And don't forget that people are going to have large amounts of miniatures that if they walked there they would be carrying.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:16 am