bcprpg2

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
bcprpg2

back in blue

2 posters

The Future of the Club

Tuxman
    Tuxman
    Ωmega
    Ωmega

The Future of the Club Empty The Future of the Club

Post  Tuxman Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:00 pm

Our club leadership is going to graduate this year. So is most of the club body, and so I was thinking to ensure the survival of the club we must take some steps to ensure the club will go on.

I will list these in order of importance.

1. Recruit more non-senior members.
    We will have a table on club day and advertize for some free game days where we teach new players how to play 40k. I'm sure we'll come up with a myriad of events for newcomers. I was thinking ideally our 40k days would be open to drop-in players who we can teach the game to.

We're not looking for casuals here, but people who actually care for the club. We want regulars who will step up and DM when Daniel and I are gone. We'll want someone to keep the 40k games alive. Someone to take responsibility and recruit when the time is right. The club will die without dedicate members, and if we cant get any, we may as well let the club die.

2. Secure future club leadership.
    I will need a successor who can run the club in my stead. I ask for any non-senior members of the club who want to lead it to glory in the coming days to step up and volunteer for the position. I'm not too picky but you need to be motivated.

3. Get a motivated moderator.
    Mr. Baxter has performed honorably but honestly he doesn't care much for the club. We want someone involved and motivated. Someone who tells us when he'll be out of his room on Thursdays. This is actually low importance because we don't really need a moderator to do anything.

Comments, volunteers, ideas, or candidates for moderator status would all be welcome in this grim affair.
    OrikantheDiviner
    OrikantheDiviner
    New Person
    New Person

The Future of the Club Empty Re: The Future of the Club

Post  OrikantheDiviner Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:45 pm

I would be glad to help keep the club alive throughout the coming years, although I'm not sure that a leadership position is for me. I do have quite a bit of experience in DMing, so, possibly, I could take over that position after you and Daniel graduate.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:38 am