bcprpg2

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
bcprpg2

back in blue

5 posters

Patrick's DND Game

Tuxman
    Tuxman
    Ωmega
    Ωmega

Patrick's DND Game Empty Patrick's DND Game

Post  Tuxman Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:26 pm

The final list is:

1 Kyler Koenig
    2 Gabriel Hartman
    3 Daniel Hartman
    4 Patrick Bedard
    5 Nick Viera

The wait list is:
    1 CJ Watkins
    2 Bailey Morales
    3 Christopher Rositano
    4 Zach Laird
    5 Estaban Valencia

If your name is on either of the lists, please
    1. If you haven't already made an account on this forum, do so.
    2. Make a post in this thread on what days each week you are available.
    3. Prepare a character concept.

If I find that you are unavailable for too many days, or your schedule doesn't work with anyone elses, the person with the same number from the waitlist will replace you. If you don't post within 2 weeks, the same thing happens.

I will be sending out emails.
    Gabe187
    Gabe187
    Bronze Member
    Bronze Member

Patrick's DND Game Empty Re: Patrick's DND Game

Post  Gabe187 Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:17 pm

Well, I'm available, pretty much... always.

Except on Fridays from 5:15 to 6:15, that's my guitar lesson.

And pretty much anytime Daniel isn't available I'm not, unless I can get either of my parents to drive me, which I probably can't.
    yoshix
    yoshix
    Mithril Member
    Mithril Member

Post  yoshix Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:48 pm

Days available:

Any of them, any time (assuming I don't get the job).

If I do get a job, the time frame will probably switch to something like this:
    Friday Evenings(any time after 6:30)
    Saturday
    Sunday (any time after 11 am)

Character concept created, will write down soon.
    Miniature assembled, to paint soon.
    yoshix
    yoshix
    Mithril Member
    Mithril Member

Post  yoshix Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:48 pm

Also, I know a lot of the lore of the land, but I imagine that nobody else does. It may help people with their character concepts to know these things.

Also how do you spell Ocadentum?
    And Ocadentum is the one that was utterly crushed right?

Also do you know of a better god of vengeance then Shevarash? I'd have no objection except it's an elven god.
    Tuxman
    Tuxman
    Ωmega
    Ωmega

Post  Tuxman Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:35 pm

A Short History of Occidentem:

Occidentem was once a nameless fishing village on the western coast of Nobilissimum. Life was peaceful there, because the huge Lignum forest protected it from the troubles of the easterners. They were a tributary of the Old Empire for a time during its heyday, captured in 1450 PE. During that time, money and power flowed from the Long City, the Old Empire's capital, to Occidentem to fight the Elves of the Lignum Forest. During this time, many were trained and employed to use the steel dueling sword to deal with the Elves' agility and weaponry during the Elven Genocide in 1500 PE. Soon however, Long City fell to the Northern Alliance, and Occidentem was burned as well. The year was 1000 PE.

For 1100 years, there was no Occidentem. While the culture was not destroyed, for many still inhabited the region, there was no city at Occidentem. Then with the rise of the Empire, the construction of the Magna Via began and it lasted for 100 years. Occidentem would be the ending point for the road so soldiers from the capital gathered up the population of the region and established Occidentem in its current form in 100 E. At the completion of the great road, stagnation of the empire's economy caused a collapse where Occidentem rebeled in 200 E. A short period of turmoil happened in the continent before a new Empire rose from the old ashes and its armies marched on the free city of Occidentem. All cities and regions weren't working together so the new Empire had no trouble besieging Occidentem after it took over the northern region. Occidentem was very strong however, and was sieged for 5 years before the gates mysteriously broke down and the city was sacked.

Over the next two years, the empire would mobilize its exhausted forces to the southern region to work towards completing its conquest of the continent, leaving its own people as the nobility of Occidentem. The game takes place about then, two years after Occidentem was captured.

As a city, Occidentem is fairly wealthy though there is a significant lower class. Dueling with rapiers to the death was often a way to settle scores hundreds of years ago, but now dueling to first contact is a popular sport among young men and women. Dueling to the first blood is how scores are settled now. Nobilissimum has a history of sexism but the New Empire and the Empire do not, and for the past 125 years or so women have been treated as equals to men. Occidentem has a varied diet of fish from the sea, crops from one of its southern tributaries, and game from the upper and lower Lignum forest. Elves still stalk the lower lignum forest, but stay far away from the humans, who don't kill them on sight anymore but do refuse to interact with them and kill them if they get too close and the humans are reasonably armed. The elves kill any humans who find their retreat but otherwise keep to themselves. Metals and stone flow in from a northern mining town tributary, and lumber from the forests, keeping the city well supplied with weaponry.

In terms of religion, there are no real gods, but there are a few belief systems shared for the most part between all races and sects of society. However, most humans are not very religious and the New Empire does not recognize any official religions. These belief systems are philosophies people enjoy.

Bellacouse - What is paid must be repaid. Dwarves tend to stick to this belief system, while it is less popular among other races. They strongly believe that the most honorable thing to do in life is to pay the debts of your father and mother and fulfill Bellacouse~ a state in which one owes nobody anything and is owed nothing. Some use it to justify revenge.
    Values:
    -Repayment of debts
    -Independence
    -Self Sufficiency

Otium - Life is to enjoy. This is a popular philosophy among more spiritual humans that dictates one's goal in life should be to enjoy it. To be in a state of Otium is to be at peace with the world and be happy in the greatest sense. Some use it to justify hedonism.
    Values:
    -Happiness
    -Love
    -Peace

Indeclinates - What is, must be. What was, is. What is, will be. This is a popular philosophy among the elves and among humans. It dictates, in essence, that the world ideally would be unchanging and that a constant state of flux is not good for anyone. Some use it to justify having more than others.
    Values:
    -Stability
    -Dependability
    -Consistency

Magic in Nobilissimum
    There are several classes that use magic in 3.5. Since there are no gods, clerics are a little different. Anyway, I will list the setting specific changes here:

Sorcerers - The magically gifted are identified at birth and taken to the magical college in Orientem, the eastern province, where they are taught to safely control their powers. Sorcerers that are in isolated places often aren't identified and end up being unregistered mages. The New Empire (and before, the Old Empire) facilitates the colleges and monitor sorcerers after they graduate, wherever they find work.

Wizards - There is a large college in Orientem that students who can tread the difficult path of learning magic are allowed to attend. The college is the largest, but there are smaller magical schools in each province. Due to the recent turmoil in the country, student attendance is at an all time low. Still, many budding mages cross faction lines to attend, and numbers are ever on the rise since the New Empire has retaken some of its territories. Of course, with an old spellbook or a wizard mentor one could learn magic on their own.

Clerics - The divinely gifted are not trained by any specific order and do not adhere to colleges. Their skills manifest when their spirituality reaches a certain point. To be a cleric in Nobilissimum, one must be spiritual.

Druids - Druids derive their power from nature and therefore cannot be easily taught or monitored by the New Empire, so it simply doesn't try. Druids are accepted as existent, but considered akin to evil spellcasters because they are misunderstood. Only those who commune with nature can become a druid.

Last edited by Tuxman on Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Tuxman
    Tuxman
    Ωmega
    Ωmega

Post  Tuxman Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:54 pm

Welp. Since no one has signed up, and its been a while, I'm opening up the game. We have 3 slots left. Daniel and Gabriel are already in. First 3 to post get a slot in the game. Post times available.

Patrick's DND Game 13334110
    M. Coglianese
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post  M. Coglianese Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:34 pm

Me, weekends.

Trying to move from full time to part time, so I will tell y'all if my avalibility changes.
    OrikantheDiviner
    OrikantheDiviner
    New Person
    New Person

Post  OrikantheDiviner Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:01 am

I apologize for my lateness, I am available pretty much all summer long. I am very familiar with the rules for D&D 3.5, (I play about two games a week) but I have no experience
    with 4 e. Because of this it may take me a few days to make my character, assuming that there are still slots available.
    yoshix
    yoshix
    Mithril Member
    Mithril Member

Post  yoshix Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:57 pm

He's doing 3.5.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 1:01 pm