bcprpg2

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
bcprpg2

back in blue

3 posters

Possible 40k Campaign

templar627
    templar627
    γGamma
    γGamma

Possible 40k Campaign Empty Possible 40k Campaign

Post  templar627 Sat May 12, 2012 1:49 pm

I was looking through the rule book recently, and I think it would be great if we could assemble a campaign game with a couple of battles, what do you guys think?

Last edited by templar627 on Mon May 14, 2012 12:54 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling Fixes)
    WingsOfDest
    WingsOfDest
    New Person
    New Person

Possible 40k Campaign Empty Re: Possible 40k Campaign

Post  WingsOfDest Sat May 12, 2012 3:25 pm

sounds like a cool idea, the only question I would have is would it be ascending or descending?

i.e

ascending: assume this is full assault of a planet first couple of games would be like low-point planetstrike, scout missions, and as the campaign progress both forces call in more reinforcement (players points strategems also this means that anything that dies you can bring back as we assume they have spares, except for unique characters)eventually getting to a high point game (2k-3K possibly even an apoc)

descending: each force starts with a certain amount of points and a certain army list and before you is a map of the world with different battle sites both players(or teams) take turns in which they decide what to attack and with how much( i.e how many points their going to put into taking that place as well as strategem points) each place you take gives you a certain amount of strategem points or the ability to "recruit" things back (like squads and vehicles and etc.) as the campaign progress your trying to take out your oponents fortress however each battle you have fewer things to work with as anything that dies stays dead and very few ways to get reinforcements and so each battle is decided by the players on how many points their willing to capture that city with compared to that mountain range
    Gus.Vogel
    Gus.Vogel
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post  Gus.Vogel Sat May 12, 2012 3:43 pm

The real question is whether or not you want a narrative or rules oriented campaign. Narrative is just a story line and maybe a map, which is fun and keeps games balanced. With actual movement and campaign rules things get more complicated but can be really fun too.
    templar627
    templar627
    γGamma
    γGamma

Post  templar627 Sat May 12, 2012 5:01 pm

I figure a narrative/rules hybrid would be fun so, it would mostly be narrative with a couple of rules, ie- if you lose the preceding battle you need to roll higher for reserves, or you can't use certain units.
    WingsOfDest
    WingsOfDest
    New Person
    New Person

Post  WingsOfDest Mon May 14, 2012 12:52 am

then that would favor the more ascending fluff based campaign as it is a series of pre planned battles that for each of the "minor" battles you wing your team would get a bonus in the "final clash" I.E an apoc game or something of that sort so we wouldn't need a board and it would have a lighter fluff background

something like:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De4iZF9yKac&list=UUB7Oh3IutwUQ5ZO5GVGIgaw&index=2&feature=plcp

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 6:24 pm